»ausgenebelt«12-part photo series and interview videoLeipzig / Germany, 2020/21
Selected social spaces of the city that were closed due to Corona - popular and important community places that people miss in their everyday life due to the measures - were visited in order to document them in this special situation. A specific concept was followed: These various places were "fooged out" with historical reference to the fumigation of rooms as a measure against the plague at that time. With the laconic self-confidence of being able to exorcise the virus circulating worldwide by means of ineffective fog fluid, the locations were totally wrapped in fog. In a further step, Prof. Marc Rölli (Prof. Philosophy at HGB Leipzig) was interviewed - and also fogged out while speaking..
Locations fogged out.1. City Library Südvorstadt, fogged out on 5-20-20
2. Café DingDong, fogged out on 5-7-20
3. Restaurant Madame Thanh, fogged out on 5-18-20
4. Kindergarten Freie Raben, fogged out on 5-13-20
5. Sociocultural center PögeHaus, fogged out on 5-7-20
6. Pub Peter K., fogged out on 5-18-20
7. Boxclub Sportschule International, fogged out on 5-12-20
8. Ostpassage Theater, fogged out on 5-19-20
9. Tattoo-Studio „Cherie“, fogged out on 5-12-20
10. Peace Church, fogged out on 6-4-20
11. Gambling hall Spieleck13, fogged out on 6-16-20
12. Art gallery a&o, fogged out on 6-16-20
.01 In the context of the events surrounding the Covid19 pandemic, many people referr to Michel Foucault's biopolitical analysis. What role does disease policy play in Foucault's work, and what does it have to do with our present? Why do we need to reject Foucault? 02 What does a post-Corona dystopia look like in your imagination? What is already emerging and what can we do about it? Do you sometimes wish to have a quite normal life? 03 Where is the boundary between a biopolitical power critique of the Corona measures and that of the "Queerdenken" movement? What has to happen for you to become a Queerdenker? 04 What role does the capitalist social order play in all this? Why should we take Queerdenker seriously? What would Marx say about the Corona dictatorship? 05 What can be stated about the keyword „discourse sovereignty“? What does it mean that virologists are suddenly so important? 06 What does contagion mean to you? What connections can be drawn to the concept of virality? What does contagion mean in the digital age?07 How do we cope with the virus? Can't we just sell Corona?.